Damn database problems

Kolohe

Re: Damn database problems

Post by Kolohe »

FWIW, I was able to ‘change’ my password to the long-standing existing password.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex
Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

I've tried to log in on my computer, but it won't send me a password-reset email.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.
Number 6

Post by Number 6 »

I'm still unable to login. Trying to change the password in one of my open sessions returns the message that my old password is incorrect. It's not.
" i discovered you eat dog dicks out of a bowl marked "dog dicks" because you're too stupid to remember where you left your bowl of dog dicks."-dhex, of course.
"Come, let us go forth and not rape together"-Jadagul
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

If each of you PM me with what you want your new temporary password to be, I can change it for you and that should fix the issue.
"Yours is the much better comeback." -JD
Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

And back in with a permanent password. Thanks!
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.
dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

Resetting password via email sorted things out.
Slip inside a sleeping bag.
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

And for me. Didn't even have to pick a new password. Had to enter a new one, but it could be identical to the old.
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake
Warren

Post by Warren »

Suddenly twitter is not loading for me. I just get "Loading Twitter" and the bird logo, which will link me to the tweet if I click it.
This is new though and I don't know what happened.
Nobody, men included, wants a world where men treat women with the same respect they show to other men. - thoreau
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Not having that problem, but still can't use Tapatalk. Is there some weird trick one needs to do to even find the gryll on that app?
Warren

Post by Warren »

Warren wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 11:41 Suddenly twitter is not loading for me. I just get "Loading Twitter" and the bird logo, which will link me to the tweet if I click it.
This is new though and I don't know what happened.
Fixed.
My DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials add-on was blocking it.
Can't decide if I want to disable it permanently or not.
Nobody, men included, wants a world where men treat women with the same respect they show to other men. - thoreau
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 11:46 Not having that problem, but still can't use Tapatalk. Is there some weird trick one needs to do to even find the gryll on that app?
Ack! Sorry. Quite a while back we had to upgrade the forums to a beta version of the software (due to changes our web hosting made). Tapatalk didn't work with the beta version.

We're on a new stable version now and I just keep forgetting to check if Tapatalk will work again. So the one weird trick might be getting a mod who doesn't have a Swiss cheese brain.

(I'll do my best to work on it this week)
"Yours is the much better comeback." -JD
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Ellie wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 12:18
D.A. Ridgely wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 11:46 Not having that problem, but still can't use Tapatalk. Is there some weird trick one needs to do to even find the gryll on that app?
Ack! Sorry. Quite a while back we had to upgrade the forums to a beta version of the software (due to changes our web hosting made). Tapatalk didn't work with the beta version.

We're on a new stable version now and I just keep forgetting to check if Tapatalk will work again. So the one weird trick might be getting a mod who doesn't have a Swiss cheese brain.

(I'll do my best to work on it this week)
Nah, take your time. Just let me know if and when you get around to it, please.
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Ellie wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 12:18So the one weird trick might be getting a mod who doesn't have a Swiss cheese brain.
Well shit. Out of this bunch of reprobates? Where are we gonna find that?

*I actually reject the notion that you have swiss cheese brain so much as single mom of four mostly-toddlers in the middle of a pandemic.
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake