Capitalism: It works, bitches

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 30384
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Capitalism: It works, bitches

Post by Warren »

Dangerman wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 20:36 Pepper jack is good on burgers, so is ketchup and relish, or mustard, but not all at once. A swipe of mayo on a toasted bun is good too, instead of butter.
Mayo on the bottom bun to mingle with the juices of a freshly grilled burger is superb.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
User avatar
D.A. Ridgely
Posts: 20610
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:09
Location: The Other Side

Re: Capitalism: It works, bitches

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

My cheeseburger condiment of choice is driven by the type of cheese used: ketchup with American or cheddar, mayonnaise with provolone. I don't understand mayonnaise hatred. Without mayonnaise deviled eggs would be impossible and as a result life would not be worth living.
User avatar
Jennifer
Posts: 26255
Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 14:03

Re: Capitalism: It works, bitches

Post by Jennifer »

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 21:46 Without mayonnaise deviled eggs would be impossible and as a result life would not be worth living.
Huh? You don't need mayo to make deviled eggs, just a bit of oil. (After all, mayo itself is merely oil and egg combined just so.) I never bought mayonnaise until after I moved to Atlanta and discovered it waas the main ingredient in Halal Guys' white gyro sauce, yet I still made deviled eggs all the time.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b
User avatar
D.A. Ridgely
Posts: 20610
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:09
Location: The Other Side

Re: Capitalism: It works, bitches

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Jennifer wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 22:47
D.A. Ridgely wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 21:46 Without mayonnaise deviled eggs would be impossible and as a result life would not be worth living.
Huh? You don't need mayo to make deviled eggs, just a bit of oil. (After all, mayo itself is merely oil and egg combined just so.) I never bought mayonnaise until after I moved to Atlanta and discovered it waas the main ingredient in Halal Guys' white gyro sauce, yet I still made deviled eggs all the time.
Sure, I've tasted more variations on deviled eggs at more parties and receptions than I care to remember, but my personal recipe requires mayonnaise, regular yellow mustard, a bit of salt and pepper and, of course, paprika to garnish. I won't say they're the best deviled eggs ever, but it's the one recipe I've been praised for the most often and asked to share more than any other.
User avatar
Jennifer
Posts: 26255
Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 14:03

Re: Capitalism: It works, bitches

Post by Jennifer »

My recipe sounds remarkably similar to yours, only with a bit of oil in lieu of the mayo.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b
User avatar
Warren
Posts: 30384
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Capitalism: It works, bitches

Post by Warren »

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 23:49
Jennifer wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 22:47
D.A. Ridgely wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 21:46 Without mayonnaise deviled eggs would be impossible and as a result life would not be worth living.
Huh? You don't need mayo to make deviled eggs, just a bit of oil. (After all, mayo itself is merely oil and egg combined just so.) I never bought mayonnaise until after I moved to Atlanta and discovered it waas the main ingredient in Halal Guys' white gyro sauce, yet I still made deviled eggs all the time.
Sure, I've tasted more variations on deviled eggs at more parties and receptions than I care to remember, but my personal recipe requires mayonnaise, regular yellow mustard, a bit of salt and pepper and, of course, paprika to garnish. I won't say they're the best deviled eggs ever, but it's the one recipe I've been praised for the most often and asked to share more than any other.
What??? No dill relish?
HERETIC!

Oh wait. I'm the heretic.
nevermind.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
User avatar
JasonL
Posts: 25552
Joined: 05 May 2010, 17:22

Re: Capitalism: It works, bitches

Post by JasonL »

I don't really get deviled eggs. I love eggs, but those I don't get. Probably the mayo but also just meh. I would way WAY prefer a lava textured "soft" yolk egg and a bit of crunchy salt.
User avatar
JasonL
Posts: 25552
Joined: 05 May 2010, 17:22

Re: Capitalism: It works, bitches

Post by JasonL »

85% lean is going to be dry at medium or more done. Grass fed tends to be more lean, and I like the flavor but I'd still seek no more lean than 80/20.
User avatar
Warren
Posts: 30384
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Capitalism: It works, bitches

Post by Warren »

JasonL wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 09:50 I don't really get deviled eggs. I love eggs, but those I don't get. Probably the mayo but also just meh. I would way WAY prefer a lava textured "soft" yolk egg and a bit of crunchy salt.
You can put way more flavor into a deviled egg than just a soft boiled one. You personally may not find the mayo/mustard/pepper to be an improvement, but don't say you don't "get it". You know people like flavor. Also they are a picnic/pot luck kind of thing.
JasonL wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 09:56 85% lean is going to be dry at medium or more done. Grass fed tends to be more lean, and I like the flavor but I'd still seek no more lean than 80/20.
Correct.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
User avatar
Jennifer
Posts: 26255
Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 14:03

Re: Capitalism: It works, bitches

Post by Jennifer »

This is a product endorsement, for anybody who regularly uses disposable chemical heating patches for pain relief -- in which case there's a high chance you use "Therma-Care," because they're the brand most commonly sold in American drug and department stores -- I have found (actually Jeff found it) a product that is both better (in that the patches are of a size and shape that they'll fit pretty much anywhere on your body, as opposed to the Therma-Care ones which are all different odd shapes specifically to fit "neck" or "lower back" or "front of belly" or whatever -- and also, these patches are sticky all over their "backside," as opposed to the Therma-Care which only has sticky-stuff on the ends, which means the actual hot part of the patch is wont to sag away from your body, so much of its heat dissipates before actually reaching you) and cheaper: "Sunny Bay" heat patches, which cost $20 for a pack of 30 (compared, to Therma-Care which, depending on the store, runs anywhere from $5 to $7 for a three-pack). Possible downside: I've never seen this brand for sale in brick-and-mortar stores, only on Amazon.

The full product title for the Amazon listing is "Sunny Bay Heat Patches (Pack of 30) for Sore Upper Back, Neck Shoulder Pain Relief & Menstrual Cramps: Air Activated Disposable Self Adhesive Therapy Pads - Personal Non Electric Deep Muscle Hot Pack."

I particularly like them because they can wrap around my upper arm without sagging, which none of the Therma-Cares can do. Of course, since you can't apply either to bare skin, what I actually do is wear a long-sleeve shirt with snug, narrow sleeves, apply the patches onto the shirt, then wear a second shirt over the first one, to help hold the patches in place.

"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b
User avatar
Pham Nuwen
Posts: 8987
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 02:17

Re: Capitalism: It works, bitches

Post by Pham Nuwen »

I would watch a show with Warren just shit talking everyones food choices. He travels around mocking all types of food. And do international specials the way top gear does. The Cheeses of Applebees it shall be called. This is the way.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex
User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 19168
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Capitalism: It works, bitches

Post by lunchstealer »

Pham Nuwen wrote: 15 Nov 2020, 13:07 I would watch a show with Warren just shit talking everyones food choices. He travels around mocking all types of food. And do international specials the way top gear does. The Cheeses of Applebees it shall be called. This is the way.
With commentary by JasonL and dhex, and a man-on-the-street segment with Jadagul. Mostly because I want to see normies interacting with Jadagul.
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake
User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 30669
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: Capitalism: It works, bitches

Post by thoreau »

I would donate to that kickstarter.
"saying 'socialism' where normies can hear it is wrapping a bunch of barbed wire around a bat, handing the bat to the GOP, and standing with your head in the strike zone."
--Lunchstealer
User avatar
Warren
Posts: 30384
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Capitalism: It works, bitches

Post by Warren »

Pham Nuwen wrote: 15 Nov 2020, 13:07 I would watch a show with Warren just shit talking everyones food choices. He travels around mocking all types of food. And do international specials the way top gear does. The Cheeses of Applebees it shall be called. This is the way.
I'm in!
Need to work on the title though.
lunchstealer wrote: 15 Nov 2020, 14:55 With commentary by JasonL and dhex
Yes and yes.
and a man-on-the-street segment with Jadagul.
Oh uhhh
Mostly because I want to see normies interacting with Jadagul.
Ha ha, yeah okay. Sold.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Post Reply