Putin on the Writs

Taktix®

Re: Putin on the Writs

Post by Taktix® »

It's 11 a.m. on 10/26. Yesterday Trump decided to leave troops in Syria at the urging of generals: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/us ... story.html

This morning, Putin (via Reuters) says leaving US troops in Syria is illegal: https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1X507V

I predict Trump wil listen to his handler, flip flop again and announce pulling troops out of Syria
"Guilty as charged. Go ahead and ban me from the mall." - Ellie

Warren

Post by Warren »

"handler" lol.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Now Warren, I'm sure Taktix will recant that if his prediction fails to obtain.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

JasonL

Post by JasonL »

The thing we are waiting is for this president to change his mind, is that about right?

Warren

Post by Warren »

JasonL wrote:
26 Oct 2019, 14:53
The thing we are waiting is for this president to change his mind, is that about right?
Not exactly. From what I can tell, we're waiting for the president to change his mind an odd number of times.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Warren wrote:
26 Oct 2019, 14:57
JasonL wrote:
Not exactly. From what I can tell, we're waiting for the president to change his mind an odd number of times.
More likely, an irrational number of times.

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

D.A. Ridgely wrote:
26 Oct 2019, 17:19
Warren wrote:
JasonL wrote:
sqrt(2)
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren »

Aresen wrote:
26 Oct 2019, 19:51
D.A. Ridgely wrote:
26 Oct 2019, 17:19
Warren wrote:
JasonL wrote:
sqrt(2)
e𝛑i

damnit
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

FWIW I know some green voters who voted green on the grounds that hdawg was going to win so no need to sully themselves with a vote for her. One I know voted early, and got caught by the Comey letter. Her SO did the same for Johnson.

They’d both intended to vote for hdawg if they thought it were necessary. Of course CO went for hdawg anyway.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

Mo

Putin on the Writs

Post by Mo »

Hillary never said that the Russians were grooming Gabbard for a 3rd party run, she said the Republicans were. Which turned out to be true. Though not sure how a candidate that can barely break 2% in. D primary will have an effect on the general. Though considering her fan base is largely thirsty Republican men, maybe she will.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Mo wrote:
28 Oct 2019, 19:20
Hillary never said that the Russians were grooming Gabbard for a 3rd party run, she said the Republicans were. Which turned out to be true. Though not sure how a candidate that can barely break 2% in. D primary will have an effect on the general. Though considering her fan base is largely thirsty Republican men, maybe she will.
Trump could pick her as a running mate.

Or a wife.
" Columbus wasn’t a profile in courage or brilliance despite the odds, he was a dumb motherfucker that got lucky. Oddly, that makes him the perfect talisman for the Trump era."
--Mo

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

thoreau wrote:
28 Oct 2019, 19:31
Mo wrote:
28 Oct 2019, 19:20
Trump could pick her as a running mate.

Or a wife.
I'm sure there's another vat somewhere in Russia with its contents approaching decantation date.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® »

Taktix® wrote:
26 Oct 2019, 11:06
It's 11 a.m. on 10/26. Yesterday Trump decided to leave troops in Syria at the urging of generals: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/us ... story.html

This morning, Putin (via Reuters) says leaving US troops in Syria is illegal: https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1X507V

I predict Trump wil listen to his handler, flip flop again and announce pulling troops out of Syria
Hugh Akston wrote:
26 Oct 2019, 14:28
Now Warren, I'm sure Taktix will recant that if his prediction fails to obtain.
JasonL wrote:
Eat it:

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Who is eating what exactly? Because I can't find any mention of Trump reversing the policy in that WaPo story to leave troops in Syria to protect the precious oil fields. Kobani is on the northwest border of Syria and the oil/gas fields are in the central and northeast regions.
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

Warren

Post by Warren »

Separated at birth?
Twins.jpg
Twins.jpg (143.07 KiB) Viewed 1321 times
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® »

Oh look, Russia (and China) are buying up our farms that Trump's policies sent into bankruptcy. It's almost as if that were one of the schemes all along: https://www.motherjones.com/food/2017/0 ... -us-farms/

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Taktix® wrote:
30 Dec 2019, 11:48
Oh look, Russia (and China) are buying up our farms that Trump's policies sent into bankruptcy. It's almost as if that were one of the schemes all along: https://www.motherjones.com/food/2017/0 ... -us-farms/
The amount of foreign-owned US farmland has roughly doubled between 2004 and 2014—with Canada, the Netherlands, and Germany owning the most
The new Axis of Evil
Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 9.51.29 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 9.51.29 AM.png (45.8 KiB) Viewed 1173 times

JasonL

Post by JasonL »

Ahahahaa. 2017. Mother Jones. Netherlands.

PUTIINNNNN!!!!!

Warren

Post by Warren »

JasonL wrote:
30 Dec 2019, 12:10
Ahahahaa. 2017. Mother Jones. Netherlands.

PUTIINNNNN!!!!!
:lol:
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Taktix® wrote:
Dude, you pick the worst examples. Putin wants the US security establishment run by an idiot who will foot-drag on efforts to push back on Russia. He doesn't have a detailed, grand plan, just a general (and correct) intuition that having his biggest adversary run by its biggest idiot will work out better for him than most of the alternatives. Elaborate plans to seize our food supplies are not where the Russian efforts are at. If some distressed assets get bought after an idiot amplifies their distress, those are entirely third-order (and hence poorly predictable) effects. The first-order effects (and goals) are to just have an idiot managing (or not managing) the security establishment.
" Columbus wasn’t a profile in courage or brilliance despite the odds, he was a dumb motherfucker that got lucky. Oddly, that makes him the perfect talisman for the Trump era."
--Mo

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

That article doesn't even mention Russian buyers, Russia, or anything Russian. And I thought the supposed Grand Plan was Russia swooping in to sell to China, so how would Chinese companies buying American pig farms fit into that?

Furrin' doesn't fucking mean Russian, not unless you think Canada, the Netherlands, and Italy are Russian fronts...
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

I love it when foreign governments or potentates start buying up U.S. real estate. They always end up having paid too much, in the case of both Russia and China it makes us some fraction of 1% that much less likely to be bombed by them and it isn't as though they can take the land back with them. (Also, I have no sympathy for bankrupt farmers: live by subsidies and tariffs, die by subsidies and tariffs.)

Warren

Post by Warren »

D.A. Ridgely wrote:
30 Dec 2019, 17:03
I love it when foreign governments or potentates start buying up U.S. real estate. They always end up having paid too much
Yup. Remember the Saudis in the 70's and the Japanese in the 80's. So much panic, and then poof.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

Hugh Akston wrote:
30 Dec 2019, 11:52
Taktix® wrote:
The amount of foreign-owned US farmland has roughly doubled between 2004 and 2014—with Canada, the Netherlands, and Germany owning the most
The new Axis of Evil
Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 9.51.29 AM.png
If foreigners are the ones working on the farms, shouldn't they also be the ones owning them?
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Goddamn Dutch bastards!
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex