What is going on in India

Mo

What is going on in India

Post by Mo »

Jesus Christ, Modhi is turning out to be an even bigger despot than previously expected. The recent events in Kashmir were pretty bad, but the recent moves to strip millions of Muslims of their citizenship is ridiculous. Unfortunately, the two countries that could exert any sort of pressure on India are being led by pro-despot morons.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex
Aresen

Re: What is going on in India

Post by Aresen »

Mo wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 14:14 Jesus Christ, Modhi is turning out to be an even bigger despot than previously expected. The recent events in Kashmir were pretty bad, but the recent moves to strip millions of Muslims of their citizenship is ridiculous. Unfortunately, the two countries that could exert any sort of pressure on India are being led by pro-despot morons.
Can't find the topic you are referring to.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex
Highway

Post by Highway »

Aresen wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 22:54
Mo wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 14:14 Jesus Christ, Modhi is turning out to be an even bigger despot than previously expected. The recent events in Kashmir were pretty bad, but the recent moves to strip millions of Muslims of their citizenship is ridiculous. Unfortunately, the two countries that could exert any sort of pressure on India are being led by pro-despot morons.
Can't find the topic you are referring to.
I'm guessing this: India's Great Disenfranchisement
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Oh fuck.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

Puts a different shine on all those articles fawning over India's democracy back during the election. :/
Last edited by Eric the .5b on 12 Aug 2019, 00:49, edited 1 time in total.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.
thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Fuck. This whole thing is fucked.
" Columbus wasn’t a profile in courage or brilliance despite the odds, he was a dumb motherfucker that got lucky. Oddly, that makes him the perfect talisman for the Trump era."
--Mo
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Hindu neighbors stand guard to protect a Muslim wedding during violent protests
Wajid Fazal told Reuters he had fixed the wedding of his niece, Zeenat, the next day and was inclined to cancel it because of the violence.

“I was in a dilemma thinking about the preparations we had done,” Fazal said in a telephone interview. He said Hindu neighbors came forward and promised to remain at the venue to ensure nothing untoward happened.
“About 40 Hindu brothers were at my house until we bid farewell to my niece in the night,” he said.

“I will never forget this favor.”
Anoop Tiwari, one of the men who helped organize the Hindu group at the wedding, is a member of Modi’s Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).

“The BJP never discriminates,” he told Reuters.
Uh, Anoop...
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman
nicole

Post by nicole »

This is fine

"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

nicole wrote: 16 Jun 2020, 13:01 This is fine

You support a full scale border war between India and China over Kashmir?
Warren

Post by Warren »

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 16 Jun 2020, 13:17
nicole wrote: 16 Jun 2020, 13:01 This is fine

You support a full scale border war between India and China over Kashmir?
I thought she simply meant that it's fine to say "Toll could go up further", as opposed to "Toll could go down" which would be unfine.

ETA
Jonah Goldberg had Oriana Skylar on his The Remnant podcast the other week to talk about all things China. Worth a listen if you want the Cliff Notes on the current political situation.
Last edited by Warren on 16 Jun 2020, 13:37, edited 1 time in total.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
thoreau

Post by thoreau »

I thought it was a sarcastic statement along the lines of "Yeah, definitely nothing messed up here. No sirree. We're all fine. Everything's fine here. How are you?"
" Columbus wasn’t a profile in courage or brilliance despite the odds, he was a dumb motherfucker that got lucky. Oddly, that makes him the perfect talisman for the Trump era."
--Mo
nicole

Post by nicole »

Right. Like the meme.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Great. So after all the home-reorganizations I've done to make room for the coronavirus-avoidance supplies my household has acquired since March, now I gotta stockpile iodine pills, too?
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Jennifer wrote: 16 Jun 2020, 15:39 Great. So after all the home-reorganizations I've done to make room for the coronavirus-avoidance supplies my household has acquired since March, now I gotta stockpile iodine pills, too?
Jennifer, iodine pills are part of the basic kit for survivalists. ;)

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

I'm not even going to google this. I'm still pretty angry at the "tell all" book from Bolton. What a cock.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex
Warren

Post by Warren »

Pham Nuwen wrote: 17 Jun 2020, 22:09 I'm not even going to google this. I'm still pretty angry at the "tell all" book from Bolton. What a cock.
That's the thing you're angry at Bolton for?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Warren wrote: 18 Jun 2020, 08:21
Pham Nuwen wrote: 17 Jun 2020, 22:09 I'm not even going to google this. I'm still pretty angry at the "tell all" book from Bolton. What a cock.

MiltonBoltonIWasToldIWouldGetToStartAWar.jpg
MiltonBoltonIWasToldIWouldGetToStartAWar.jpg (40.82 KiB) Viewed 1301 times
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake
Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

It's the coverage of his book like he was a lone hero fighting for America inside the corruption that is the White House. That annoys me in a way I cant quite describe.

Warren

Post by Warren »

Pham Nuwen wrote: 18 Jun 2020, 13:52
It's the coverage of his book like he was a lone hero fighting for America inside the corruption that is the White House. That annoys me in a way I cant quite describe.
I can see that. Or rather I could see that if it was a year ago. So much shit going on now, that doesn't make the cut.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

Then why the fuck is it on my cursory news feed? Go straighten this out, Warren. I don't want to hear you complaining about my complaining. We're not a married couple dammit.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Pham Nuwen wrote: 18 Jun 2020, 13:52
Yeah, this. He's a lying warmonger and should be publicly stoned, but because he's saying bad things about Trump, he's suddenly a Hero.

Edit from Twitter:
Radley Balko wrote:How does one listen to the president of the United States endorse a foreign leader’s policy to build concentration camps ... and then sit on that information for a year?
a response wrote:Well we know Bolton is both a psychopath and a liar so I've got two theories.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex
Warren

Post by Warren »

Pham Nuwen wrote: 18 Jun 2020, 22:00 Then why the fuck is it on my cursory news feed?
I mean, did it stay on it for more than two minutes?
I don't want to hear you complaining about my complaining. We're not a married couple dammit.
Why do you say these things just to hurt me?
I don't think you ever cared :cry:
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

Oh god. Have we been a couple and no one told me? Consent! There was no consent!

Warren

Post by Warren »

I've got a signed document that says different. I think. I can't read Spanish. And I'm not sure that bartender was actually ordained.
But you know what they say: What happens in Tijuana, stays.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT