Corona(virus)? ITS NOT EVEN BEER DAMMIT!!!

D.A. Ridgely

Re: Corona(virus)? ITS NOT EVEN BEER DAMMIT!!!

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Unconfirmed reports that the CDC is prohibiting state health agencies in Texas, California and New York (and perhaps everywhere) from testing for the coronavirus except in cases where, e.g., the patient has recently been in China or in contact with someone from China.

Plausibly, this is to keep from expending resources that may be needed later. More plausibly, Trump is directing the CDC to stifle reporting of cases.

Confirmation.
Last edited by D.A. Ridgely on 27 Feb 2020, 12:41, edited 1 time in total.
Mo

Post by Mo »

I think it's the former plus bureaucratic rules.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex
thoreau

Post by thoreau »

The man who is one heartbeat away from supreme executive power will be in charge of all things involving a deadly virus.

Does yon Michael have a lean and hungry look?
" Columbus wasn’t a profile in courage or brilliance despite the odds, he was a dumb motherfucker that got lucky. Oddly, that makes him the perfect talisman for the Trump era."
--Mo
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Given what a germophobe Trump is, I'm kinda surprised by his handling of this mess -- you'd think a contagious disease would scare him into seriousness.

Of course, this is the same man who lied about hurricane forecasts, FFS.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b
Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

I don't think he's a much of a germaphobe as was suggested in the pre-presidential times. Yeah, I don't think he does rope line stuff, but the secret service is more than happy that he's the first guy in a while not to do that.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

What is "rope line stuff?"
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Jennifer wrote: 27 Feb 2020, 15:46 What is "rope line stuff?"
Shaking hands with the people lined up behind the ropes along his path.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

It's a shame he won't wind up at the end of a rope line, if you get my drift.
nicole

Post by nicole »

This is going to get interesting...

"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

So far the coronavirus has
  • undermined confidence in Xi's regime
  • jeopardized Trump's re-election by causing financial panic and exposing their lack of preparation
  • infected a top official in Iran's regime, who exposed it to the other officials (possibly including the octogenarian Supreme Leader)
  • threatened to cancel the Olympics
  • threatened to kill off any man wearing a beard
I'm starting to see what people mean when they talk about voting for the lesser evil.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman
Number 6

Post by Number 6 »

Pham Nuwen wrote: 27 Feb 2020, 07:39 Yo! Hugh! I don't want to trigger you but I'm about to drop some medical knowledge shit. Just a heads up if you are looking to throw a passive aggressive comment temper tantrum.

So those are N-95 masks. Supposedly they are your best bet against airborne and droplet precautions. They claim you have to be clean shaven but you can just put a thin line of petroleum jelly around the edges to counteract the beard/mustache problem. Seals up nicely. We did a test in a clean room and doesn't seem to leak.
Yeah, those are the ones my department can't buy because people are freaking out about COVID-19. Meanwhile, we get to spend time in little boxes with flu patients.
" i discovered you eat dog dicks out of a bowl marked "dog dicks" because you're too stupid to remember where you left your bowl of dog dicks."-dhex, of course.
"Come, let us go forth and not rape together"-Jadagul
Mo

Post by Mo »

Good news everyone, the guy from CNBC and the producer of LEGO Batman are on the coronavirus task force.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Since this involves Mexican beer, we should get The Most Interesting Man In The World on the task force too.
" Columbus wasn’t a profile in courage or brilliance despite the odds, he was a dumb motherfucker that got lucky. Oddly, that makes him the perfect talisman for the Trump era."
--Mo
Warren

Post by Warren »

thoreau wrote: 27 Feb 2020, 18:01 Since this involves Mexican beer, we should get The Most Interesting Man In The World on the task force too.
He doesn't always cure epidemics, but when he does it's XX virus.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

nicole wrote: 27 Feb 2020, 16:40 This is going to get interesting...

Would it be tasteless to say "Don't hold your breath?"
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Shem

Post by Shem »

Mo wrote: 27 Feb 2020, 17:46 Good news everyone, the guy from CNBC and the producer of LEGO Batman are on the coronavirus task force.
The movie, or the video game? #ittotallymatters
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

China bans Plague Inc. mobile game
The game, originally launched in 2012, had seen a recent resurgence in the country. Analytics firm Sensor Tower reports that the title has been installed approximately 2.2 million times from China's App Store since its launch, with an estimated 200,000 (about 9 percent) of those total installs coming since January, when the virus was first gaining national media attention.

Installs of Plague Inc. on China's App Store have gone up 106 percent in 2020 and the game was the No. 3 overall paid app on the store prior to its removal.

"We've just been informed that Plague Inc. 'includes content that is illegal in China as determined by the Cyberspace Administration of China' and has been removed from the China App Store," Ndemic Creations, the developer of Plague Inc., wrote in a blog post Thursday morning. "This situation is completely out of our control."
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman
Incel Pangolin

Post by Incel Pangolin »

JasonL wrote: 25 Feb 2020, 16:08
Shem wrote: 25 Feb 2020, 16:06
JasonL wrote: 25 Feb 2020, 15:08 Pangolins makes sense, that nervous hands thing they do is fear of getting caught.
Dude, Harry just wanted to ask you to prom. No need to be a jerk about it.
I said no, now he gave me Corona virus. He just helped me with my homework I don't owe him anything shem.
Bitch.
JD

Post by JD »

Today my workplace sent out an email about coronavirus measures, and then my guitar school sent one out too. I'm not saying coronavirus is nothing, but this all seems a little silly and out of proportion to the actual danger. As of now, there have been a whopping 15 cases in the entire US. Compare this to the flu, of which there have been at least 13 million cases and 6600 deaths.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston
thoreau

Post by thoreau »

The problems are that (1) it's 20x as deadly as flu and (2) because many people who have it show only mild (if any) symptoms, it could be spreading unbeknownst to us for a couple weeks before we see the effects.
--Mo
thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Apparently sanctions are making it harder to import test kits and other medical supplies into Iran.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51642926

So fucking stupid.
--Mo
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

White House Weighs Use of Defense Law for Coronavirus Supplies
The Trump administration may invoke the Defense Production Act to force manufacturers to produce needed supplies to combat coronavirus, said Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar.

That could include manufacturing face masks needed by medical workers, for which the administration has said there could be a shortage in the event of an outbreak. No decision has been made on invoking the act, Azar told reporters on Friday.

“We’ll use it if we need it,” he said. “I don’t have any procurements I need it for right yet.”
Mo

Post by Mo »

JD wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 16:06 Today my workplace sent out an email about coronavirus measures, and then my guitar school sent one out too. I'm not saying coronavirus is nothing, but this all seems a little silly and out of proportion to the actual danger. As of now, there have been a whopping 15 cases in the entire US. Compare this to the flu, of which there have been at least 13 million cases and 6600 deaths.

I wouldn’t trust the 15 number because they’re not testing anyone really. They’ve only give about 500 tests and the CDC initially refused to test the guy that was the community infection in California. Also, the increase in Italy and South Korea show that 15 can jump pretty quickly.

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

I am going to thank lunchstealer for tipping me off to this one on his FB page:

Kwix

Post by Kwix »

My stance is to pray for SMOD.
"People are sometimes the answer, but they are ALWAYS the problem." -- Ellie
"I thought during the apocalypse I would be counting ammo rounds instead of toilet paper rolls." --Twba