YHGTBSM: Son of OFFS

lunchstealer

YHGTBSM: Son of OFFS

Post by lunchstealer »

You have got to be shitting me.

"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake
Aresen

Re: YHGTBSM: Son of OFFS

Post by Aresen »

Vlad Putin is just disappointed that the cops got caught.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex
Jasper

Post by Jasper »

I got a kick out of this one.

"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex
Shem

Post by Shem »

Why?
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I assume in part because being white didn't help Kelly Thomas or Daniel Shaver much.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Andrew wrote: 29 May 2020, 12:43 I assume in part because being white didn't help Kelly Thomas or Daniel Shaver much.
Well, you know, there's white and then there's white to a cop. Often a crucial difference.
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Also because the NYPD aren't particularly renowned for their colorblind policing practices.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman
JD

Post by JD »

I really hate it when people say things like that, because it turns the statement from "Police are especially shitty to Black people" (which is hard to argue with) to "Police are uniquely shitty to Black people" (which is just plain not true). I mean, the only way de Blasio's statement could be true is if he thought every single case ever of a cop killing a White person was completely justifiable. But of course he doesn't "think" about it in those terms, he's just using rhetoric.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston
JD

Post by JD »

Police report that nooses were found in a city park.
City begins hate crimes investigation.
The man who put them there (who is himself Black, FWIW) comes forward and says, "Those aren't nooses, they're exercise gear, and thousands of people have seen them and not thought they were nooses."
Mayor says la la la la I can't hear you, I was right anyway.
Schaaf said officials must “start with the assumption that these are hate crimes.” However, the mayor and Nicholas Williams, the city’s director of parks recreation, also said it didn’t matter whether the ropes were meant to send a racist message.

“Intentions don’t matter when it comes to terrorizing the public,” Schaaf said. “It is incumbent on all of us to know the actual history of racial violence, of terrorism, that a noose represents and that we as a city must remove these terrorizing symbols from the public view.”

“The symbolism of the rope hanging in the tree is malicious regardless of intent. It’s evil, and it symbolizes hatred,” Williams said.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston