How's the weather? v. 1.1

Jennifer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How's the weather? v. 1.1

Post by Jennifer » 07 Apr 2019, 11:42

First MASSIVE thunderstorm of the season last night. On the bright side, it washed away most of the pollen -- I'd almost forgotten how the majority of cars in my parking lot are colors OTHER than dingy yellow!
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Andrew
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Andrew » 07 Apr 2019, 12:42

It's supposed to be 95/96 tomorrow and Tuesday. But then back down to 75 by Saturday.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

The sun only shines when a woman is being sexually abused. - Warren

Kwix

Post by Kwix » 08 Apr 2019, 13:40

Spring has sprung and almost a full month early! Daytime highs have been low 50s (one day it hit 60), nighttime lows are just at freezing, willows have popped and everything is reddening up. Got the first rows of peas in the ground yesterday.
"People are sometimes the answer, but they are ALWAYS the problem." -- Ellie
"pedialyte is like planned parenthood for hangovers. it costs you a bit, but it makes your little problem go away until the next time you drink too much."-- dhex

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 08 Apr 2019, 14:00

Andrew wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 12:42
It's supposed to be 95/96 tomorrow and Tuesday. But then back down to 75 by Saturday.
*glares jealously at Andrew*

I am super ready to stop complaining about how cold it is and start complaining about how hot it is.
"2019 has got to stop injecting dmt straight in the dick hole." - dhex

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 09 Apr 2019, 19:19

Pham Nuwen wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 10:13
It's to late, Lunch. No shadow. Flippy flops worn. It has begun.
This afternoon, 79F, sunny.

Blizzard Warning.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Solitudinarian

Post by Solitudinarian » 09 Apr 2019, 20:27

Hot, dry wind not unlike a hair dryer and supposed to hit 40+ mph tomorrow. I tolerate it because I can breathe completely through my nasal passages. Fuck humidity.
“I have no Message to reveal. But later on––Who knows?––I might.”

“A citizen may not be required to offer a ‘good and substantial reason’ why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right’s existence is all the reason he needs.”

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 09 Apr 2019, 20:32

lunchstealer wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 19:19
Pham Nuwen wrote:

Blizzard Warning.
That's just the eternal battle between krampus and persephone taking place. She will then battle the souls of histories veterans in may. She'll win. She always does.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 09 Apr 2019, 21:03

Pham Nuwen wrote:
lunchstealer wrote:
Pham Nuwen wrote:

Blizzard Warning.
That's just the eternal battle between krampus and persephone taking place. She will then battle the souls of histories veterans in may. She'll win. She always does.
It’s about to be all puffycoat junction out there.

Well for me it’ll be like pullover hoodie and maybe my canvas coat over it, but that’s just my thing.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 09 Apr 2019, 21:19

lunchstealer wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 21:03
Pham Nuwen wrote:
lunchstealer wrote:
Pham Nuwen wrote:

Blizzard Warning.

Well for me it’ll be like pullover hoodie and maybe my canvas coat over it, but that’s just my thing.
Hoodie while shoveling snow in flip flops. That is my prediction.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 10 Apr 2019, 10:51

Pham Nuwen wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 21:19
lunchstealer wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 21:03
Pham Nuwen wrote:
lunchstealer wrote:
Pham Nuwen wrote:

Blizzard Warning.

Hoodie while shoveling snow in flip flops. That is my prediction.
It's getting harder to start shoveling when I know it's going to melt off on it's own within the week. I usually go out under dressed with just the intention to clear a couple of tracks for the car, which will expose the blacktop and promote the melting. But once I start, it becomes a game of "I'll just clear this area and then quit" until it's all clear and my ears are burning.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Kwix

Post by Kwix » 17 Apr 2019, 13:41

Whelp, I guess good thing I hadn't pulled the winter tires off yet. Just got a 2" dump of heavy wet, in my wife's words, "snain". It'll probably mostly melt off today but if not I'm hoping it doesn't freeze overnight. I have appointments to pull the studded tires Thursday and Friday.
Last edited by Kwix on 27 May 2019, 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
"pedialyte is like planned parenthood for hangovers. it costs you a bit, but it makes your little problem go away until the next time you drink too much."-- dhex

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 23 May 2019, 15:24

Hey, Warren, are you and Mary all right? Where is Goat Rope relative to Jefferson City? Not in position to be hurt by that godawful tornado, I hope.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Warren

Post by Warren » 25 May 2019, 16:30

We are an hour west of St Louis in I-44.
I was out of town when the worst of it hit. I returned to a house that needed nothing so much as a good lawn mowing.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 25 May 2019, 16:54

I think there have only been two 100-degree days this month, and there might've been more days in the 80s than in the 90s. The forecast for Memorial Day is under 80 degrees. This is probably the nicest May since I've been living here.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 26 May 2019, 16:54

I don't know if it's hot enough to fry an egg outside, but it's definitely hot enough to melt a crayon:

Kwix

Post by Kwix » 08 Jul 2019, 19:18

To quote Die Antwoord, Baby's on Fire.

All time record high in Anchorage of 90F, nary a drop of rain in 6 weeks, and ~130 active forest fires. You may recall that this is the land of "degree heating days" not "cooling days". As such few businesses and almost no residences have air conditioning of the cooling variety. The good news is the heat is supposed to push out of south central and head north this weekend. Just in time for my trip north to now ironically named Coldfoot.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 22 Jul 2019, 09:58

At my place at 5am this morning, it was 90 degrees with a dew point above 60. Miserable.

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 22 Jul 2019, 10:28

"2019 has got to stop injecting dmt straight in the dick hole." - dhex

Solitudinarian

Post by Solitudinarian » 22 Jul 2019, 10:30

I hate the desert during monsoon season.
“I have no Message to reveal. But later on––Who knows?––I might.”

“A citizen may not be required to offer a ‘good and substantial reason’ why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right’s existence is all the reason he needs.”

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 22 Jul 2019, 12:44

Solitudinarian wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 10:30
I hate the desert during monsoon season.
I like it if the monsoons actually show up. Humidity with no rain is awful, though.

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 22 Jul 2019, 19:44

Today was supposed to be the last day of the craptacular heat in greater Acela, here's hoping.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Highway

Post by Highway » 22 Jul 2019, 21:18

Until it builds back in next week. But any break is good.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

Kwix

Post by Kwix » 24 Jul 2019, 14:35

Last night was the first rainfall of any sort in over six weeks for us. Knocked some of the wildfire smoke out of the air and dropped overnight temps into the mid 50s. Hopefully a return to a more normal summer is in order now.

Mo

Post by Mo » 25 Jul 2019, 09:13

It's over 100 here and it's horrible. Also, a significant proportion of the trains running have been shut down for the day.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Dangerman

Post by Dangerman » 30 Jul 2019, 13:48

Building a rock wall in 90 freedom unit heat. I've had 3 quarts of water and peed 0 times so far.