Twitter!

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
dbcooper

Re: Twitter!

Post by dbcooper »

Ah, Jeselnik.

https://twitter.
com/#!/anthonyjeselnik/status/50578163234897920
Well, it looks like Elizabeth Taylor finally lost her battle against AIDS.
:)
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

https://twitter.
com/#!/jackshafer/status/53164036174524416
Generic Guardian headline. RT @guardiannews: Arts funding cuts leave many organisations fearing for future http://gu.com/p/2z5fe/tf

Sandy
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Post by Sandy »

http://twitter
.com/#!/omerida/status/53324135199281152
omerida wrote:
JennyMcCarthy wrote:Hey moms!! Can you tell me some of your can't live with out products that u have used with your kids? Juicers..favorite lunch boxes..etc
@JennyMcCarthy vaccines
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

Ha! :)

dhex

Post by dhex »

could also have gone with measels.
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

A few months ago, my employer went on Twitter for business purposes. I can only assume this is because the president's daughter now works for us in the marketing dept. Whatev. Still didn't care enough to see what the fuss was about.

I almost signed up yesterday. Becuse of the Bronx Zoo Cobra.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Well, the poor little cobra has been found at last, thus likely killing @bronxzooscobra.
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

I've enjoyed the #snakeonthetown, but alas. Honestly I'm just glad the critter was found alive.

I get weird follows every once in a while. What the heck did I do to get @KingdomWarrior * to follow me?

*to translate that for folks who didn't grow up around fundies, "Kingdom" = kingdom of god, and "warrior" means person who does him some killing** in the name of the prince of peace.

**presumably metaphorical, but I always wonder.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

TV's Frank has many things to say about Republicans.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

Sandy

Post by Sandy »

I had some fun as well. Believe it or not, the alcohol had worn off.

SandyS1
I missed those news stories in '95 about how we roasted old people for food and the average medicare recipient could feed a family of 4.

SandyS1
Fortunately our national zombie obsession has left us well prepared for the breakdown of civilization we just narrowly averted.
2 hours ago

SandyS1
So now that the guy who makes powerpoints justifying Guantanamo won't see a delayed paycheck, all cancer is cured! Until 2012.
1 hour ago

SandyS1
Sorry, I was wrong. Cancer is only cured until Thursday.
1 hour ago

SandyS1
The cure for cancer, BTW, appears to be giving your kid an extra $200K of government debt.
1 hour ago Favorite Reply Delete

SandyS1
You know who else didn't shut down government? That's right. Hitler.
1 hour ago

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

Enjoyed this from Rob Huebel:
2:52 am. Can't sleep. Too excited about Royal Wedding. Will the DJ at the reception play cool songs like 'Mustang Sally' so we can dance?

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

@JoshMalina:
Glad Obama finally released his birth certificate, but doing it through iTunes was tacky.

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

dbcooper wrote:@JoshMalina:
Glad Obama finally released his birth certificate, but doing it through iTunes was tacky.
Updating his Facebook page would have been better?

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

Maybe twitpic or an imgur link.

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Or LinkedIn if he was considering a job change.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

D.A. Ridgely wrote:
dbcooper wrote:@JoshMalina:
Updating his Facebook page would have been better?
Place of birth: it's complicated

(Ht @serenitysprings)

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

@anthonyjeselnik sez:
I would love to DJ the royal wedding. Just so I could play "Candle in the Wind" non-stop.

Ellie

Post by Ellie »

re: #IfHemingwayTweeted

Dammit, Stevo, you already won at the internets. Let someone else have a chance! :lol:
"Yours is the much better comeback." -JD

Stevo Darkly

Post by Stevo Darkly »

Ellie wrote:re: #IfHemingwayTweeted

Dammit, Stevo, you already won at the internets. Let someone else have a chance! :lol:
Aww! :) I was inspired, actually, by this (although I was too attention-challenged to actually read the linked article):
@normative [Julian Sanchez]
Most obvious conclusion: He'd LOVE Twitter // What Hemingway Would Think of the Internet http://j.mp/jlG3C0
"I don't know if you can call it a stereotype when I was in a room full of people actually doing it." -- Keith S.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Stevo Darkly wrote:
Ellie wrote:re: #IfHemingwayTweeted

Aww! :) I was inspired, actually, by this (although I was too attention-challenged to actually read the linked article):
@normative [Julian Sanchez]
Most obvious conclusion: He'd LOVE Twitter // What Hemingway Would Think of the Internet http://j.mp/jlG3C0
I couldn't quitefigure out the correct level of sarcasm with which to read the article, but I did get the impression that the speaker (if not the author) had a big old boner for Men and for Manhood.

All that 'Let me thrust my bayonet deep into this big Franco loyalist' stuff. Couldn't tell how intentional that was.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Hey Stevo, you started the #replaceawordinafamousquotewithduck hashtag, didn't you? That shit is trending like it's nobody's business.

Stevo Darkly

Post by Stevo Darkly »

lunchstealer wrote:Hey Stevo, you started the #replaceawordinafamousquotewithduck hashtag, didn't you? That shit is trending like it's nobody's business.
No, I can't take credit for that! I think I picked it up from either Timothy (@NotHF) or possibly Julian Sanchez (@normative). I later found out that others were doing it before I noticed.
"I don't know if you can call it a stereotype when I was in a room full of people actually doing it." -- Keith S.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Stevo Darkly wrote:
lunchstealer wrote:Hey Stevo, you started the #replaceawordinafamousquotewithduck hashtag, didn't you? That shit is trending like it's nobody's business.
No, I can't take credit for that! I think I picked it up from either Timothy (@NotHF) or possibly Julian Sanchez (@normative). I later found out that others were doing it before I noticed.
Weird, because when I did a topic search, only your stuff showed up. Which is really weird, because I follow both Timothy and Julian.

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

Dean_Murdoch

spent the last twenty minutes banging a stick against a fuckin garbage can tryin to attract ladies. Gonna have to bang harder I guess.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

@PeanutFreeMom is the best thing I have ever seen on Twitter.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman