I want to ride my bicycle! I want to ride my bike!

JD

Re: I want to ride my bicycle! I want to ride my bike!

Post by JD »

Despite my grousing about the local bike repair place in the other thread, they had it done today, and the final price for the work was FORTY DOLLARS. I didn't think you could get anything done for forty dollars these days. So I basically got a new used bike for $40. I think there are a few things that could still use some adjusting, and I have to put some reflectors and lights on it, but that's about it.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston
Warren

Post by Warren »

Be sure to let us know when the seat gives way, because that's going to be hilarious.
The opinions which are still persecuted strike the majority as so monstrous and immoral that the general principle of toleration cannot be held to apply to them. But this is exactly the same view as that which made possible the tortures of the Inquisition. - Bertrand Russell
JD

Post by JD »

Warren wrote: 18 Nov 2020, 15:10 Be sure to let us know when the seat gives way, because that's going to be hilarious.
I really thought you were going to go for the low-hanging "I didn't think you could get anything done for forty dollars these days" joke bait, Warren.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston
Warren

Post by Warren »

JD wrote: 18 Nov 2020, 15:18
Warren wrote: 18 Nov 2020, 15:10 Be sure to let us know when the seat gives way, because that's going to be hilarious.
I really thought you were going to go for the low-hanging "I didn't think you could get anything done for forty dollars these days" joke bait, Warren.
I thought surprise butt sex was the low-hanging [insert vulgarity of your choice].
The opinions which are still persecuted strike the majority as so monstrous and immoral that the general principle of toleration cannot be held to apply to them. But this is exactly the same view as that which made possible the tortures of the Inquisition. - Bertrand Russell